Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs 2020- 2021
Today Section provides latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2020-2021 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
For more daily latest Current affairs join our Telegram channel
Q. Recently, which country’s largest gas pipeline was attacked by a ransomware attack?
▪ The US government issued emergency legislation on Sunday after the largest fuel pipeline in the US was hit by a ransomware cyber-attack.
▪ The Colonial Pipeline carries 2.5 million barrels a day – 45% of the East Coast’s supply of diesel, gasoline and jet fuel.
▪ It was completely knocked offline by a cyber-criminal gang on Friday and work to restore service is continuing.
Q. Recently, PM Modi participated in India-EU leaders’ meeting. How many countries are part of EU?
▪ India and the European Union leaders agreed to resume negotiations for a balanced and comprehensive free trade deal and investment agreement during the European Council Meeting on May 9, 2021.
▪ The leaders also agreed on a comprehensive and ambitious Connectivity Partnership covering digital, energy, transport and people-to-people connectivity.
Q. Recently, Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the full exemption on which of the following
commodity will lead to increase in their prices?
D. None of the above
▪ Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Sunday responded to West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee’s letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeking exemption from GST and customs duty any donations of
oxygen concentrators, cylinders, cryogenic storage tanks and COVID related drugs from organisations or agencies.
A. May 8 , 2021
B. May 10, 2021
C. May 12 , 2021
D. May 15 , 2021
Q. Which of these great personalities’ anniversary has been recently celebrated?
A. Gopal Krishna Gokhale
B. Rabindranath Tagore
C. Maharana Pratap
D. All of the above
▪ Nation remembers legendary warrior Maharana Pratap, Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore and Gopal Krishan Gokhale on their birth anniversaries; President Ramnath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi pay tributes to the heroes.
Q. Under whom, RBI has recently constitutes a committee to assist the second Regulatory Review
A. S. Janaki Raman
B. M. Vishwa Rao
C. Murli Parthsarthy
D. None of the above
▪ The Reserve Bank of India recently constituted a Committee under the Managing Director S Janaki Raman. The
committee is to assist the second Regulatory Review Authority. The committee will assist the authority to identify
areas, guidelines, regulations and returns. It will submit reports periodically to RRA that will provide suggestions and recommendations
Q. Recently, who has been sworn in as 15th CM of Assam?
A. Sarbananda Sonowal
B. Himanta Biswa Sharma
C. Tarun Gogoi
D. Ranjan Gogoi
▪ Himanta Biswa Sarma is to be sworn in as the Chief Minister of Assam on May 10, 2021. He is to replace Sarbananda Sonowal. The Chief Minister is appointed by the Governor. It is to be noted that only Members of the Legislative Assembly or Members of the Parliament are elected by the people. The Chief Minister and the Prime Minister are appointed by the Governor and President respectively.
Q. CBSE has launched which of the following psychological counseling app for students and parents?
A. Dost for zindagi
B. Friend for Life
C. Dost for Life
D. None of the above
▪ Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE has launched a new mo app for students and parents. The new
app ‘Dost for Life’ is an exclusive psychological counselling app for students and parents of CBSE affiliated schools. The app has been designed for students of classes 9 to 12 and parents and can be used for
counselling sessions from May 10 onwards.
Q. When was World Thalassemia Day 2021 was celebrated?
A. May 5
B. May 6
C. May 7
D. May 8
▪ Every year the World Thalassemia Day is celebrated on May 8. The day is celebrated to encourage the patients suffering from Thalassemia. This year, the World Thalassemia Day is celebrated under the following theme:
▪ Theme: Addressing Health Inequalities Across the Global Thalassemia Community.
Q. ‘Mukhyamantri Covid Upchar Yojana’ has recently been launched by which state government?
A. Madhya Pradesh
B. Uttar Pradesh
▪ Chief Minister Shri Chouhan said that implementation of Mukhya Mantri Covid Upchar Yojana should be started immediately in the state and its benefits should also be given to the already admitted patients. The implementation of this scheme will be reviewed daily. Under the scheme, free treatment will provide great support to the financially weak.