who was the president of india?Ram Nath Kovind 14th President of India.
The President of the Republic of India is the of and the of the .
President of India is elected by the both the houses and also by the each legislative assembly. Everyone gives their vote to select president.
According to the constitution of India PRESIDENT plays a very important role. I am very disappointed that most of the people think that president has no power and they call him/her as RUBBER DUMMY . Even supreme court gave the same statement .
When the same question was asked by the former president kK. R. Narayanan
He said AMERICA has executing president
BRITAIN has dummy president in the form of queen ,prince
INDIA has working president, it’s between America and Britain.
But yes, we can say that most of the presidents listen only to the cabinet decision.
But we have few examples who used their power very well.
Dr. rajendra Prasad first president of India opposed few of the decisions made by Nehru government and also stated that president of India is not dummy
K. R. Narayan returned the ordinance two times and used his power wisely ; the government at that time had to change the ordinance.
Ram nath kovind is NDA presidential candidate. He is from BJP and former BIHAR GOVERNER. some point will let you know about him
- Ram nath kovind was born in Kanpur uttar Pradesh .
- Kovind holds a Bachelors degree in commerce and a LLB from ity
- He passed civil services exam on his third attempt, but he did not join as he was selected for an allied service instead of and thus started practicing the law
- He was Central Government Advocate in the Delhi High Court from 1977 to 1979 and served as a Central Government standing counsel in the Supreme Court from 1980 to 1993.
- He joined the in 1991.He became the President of .
He contested from and (both in ) assembly constituencies on the BJP ticket but lost both elections.
- He was elected and became a MP from the state of in April 1994. He served for a total of twelve years, two consecutive terms, until March 2006
He is perfectly fit for the president and bjp plays master stroke by putting his face as dalit, other parties would hesitate to refuse him .
He has knowledge of constitution and has good experience. As the president of India, will take oath as i will protect the constitution. This may help him. And he is also a decision maker.
I hope he works for the betterment of this country and be more active then the previous presidents.
Mr. Ram nath Kovind, Governor of Bihar since 2015-2017
Everyone already knew that BJP will come out with a surprise name as the nominee for President of India . We have seen this in the past with Yogi Adityanath as CM of U.P. and Sri Manoharr Parrikar who came all the way from Goa to be the Defense Minister(However, he is now back in Goa). So, Mr. Kovind’s choice goes well with the nature of BJP of announcing a surprise candidate
Now, lets see some positives and Negatives of this choice:
- Dalit Face: This is master-stoke by the BJP since it will very difficult for the opposition to oppose his candidature. The opposition has to come up with a very good choice against him.
- Education: Mr. Ramnath Kovind is very learned man. He has been a supreme court lawyer for around 16 years and have also worked with Morarji Desai when he was the PM of India
- Clean Track record: He is a non-controversial candidate and inspite of being in politics for so many years, there has never been any stain on his character nor he has been involved in any corruption cases
- Acceptable to all Political Parties : Most probably he might be acceptable to not all, but most political parties.( TRS, YSR Congress, AIADMK has already supported his candidature)
We have seen many presidential elections in the past and it would be interesting to see this contest. We hope and we wish that we get Presidents like Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam, Mr. Rajendra Prasad, Mr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishna, Mr. KR Narayanan.
I certainly believe that whoever becomes the President of this great country, the sanctity and honor of the chair of the President remains intact.
Rajendra Prasad was the first President of India-Time Period 1952 to 1962.
Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was the second President of India. Time Period 1962-1967.
Zakir Husain Khan was the third President of India. Time Period 1967-1969.
Varahagiri Venkata Giri was the forth President of India-Time Period 1969-1974.
Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed was the fifth President of India Time Period 1974 to 1977.
Neelam Sanjiva Reddy was the sixth President of India-Time Period 1977-1982.
Gyani Zail Singh was the seventh President of India -Time Period 1982 to 1987.
Ramaswamy Venkataraman was the Eighth President of India-Time Period 1987-1992.
Shankar Dayal Sharma was the ninth President of India-Time Period 1992-1997.
Kocheril Raman Narayanan was the tenth President of India-Time Period 1997-2002.
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India -Time Period 2002-2007.
Pratibha Devisingh Patil was the 12th President of India-Time Period 2007-2012.
Pranab Kumar Mukherjee was the 13th President of India-Time Period 2012-2017.