Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs 2020- 2021
Today Section provides latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2020-2021 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
For more daily latest Current affairs join our Telegram channel
D. Southern Ocean
Vineyard Wind Project is the first major Offshore wind farm that is to power 400,000 homes. The project aims to install 84 turbines in the Atlantic Ocean. It is to be set up 12 Nautical miles off the coast of Matha’s Vineyard. The project is capable of producing 800 MW of electricity. It is a 2.8 billion USD project.
D. Pacific Current Fish
- Article 311 (1) says that no government employee either of an all India service or a state government shall be dismissed or removed by an authority subordinate to the own that appointed him/her.
- Article 311 (2) says that no civil servant shall be dismissed or removed or reduced in rank except after an inquiry in which s/he has been informed of the charges and given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in respect of those charges.
- The Central government has started the process of borrowing with the launch of sovereign gold bonds in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India on Wednesday.
- The Central government has issued Sovereign Gold Bonds in six tranches between May and September 2021.
- The Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) scheme was launched in November 2015 with an objective to reduce the demand for physical gold and shift a part of the domestic savings – used for the purchase of gold – into financial savings.
B. May 12
C. May 7
D. May 8
- Every year, India celebrates National Technology Day on May 11.This year, the National Technology Day is being celebrated under the theme:
- Theme: Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology organises several events across the country to celebrate the day.
B. 14580 crore
C. 18250 crore
D. 18200 crore
- The Union Cabinet recently approved the Production Linked Incentive scheme for Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery Storage. Around Rs 18,100 crores have been allocated to the scheme.
- This has been done as a part of National Programme on Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery Storage.
- He approved PLI scheme aims to achieve manufacturing capacity of 50 GW of Advanced Chemistry Cell (ACC) and five Giga Watt Hour of Niche ACC.
- The Wildlife Institute of India recently conducted a “Monkey Census” in the state of Haryana. The “Monkey Census” was a part of the “Wildlife Census of Haryana-2021”. This in turn is a part of the Wildlife Census 2021.
- The unique feature of the “Monkey Census” is that the Wildlife Institute of India invited the local people to participate in the census.
B. Padma Bharati
C. Padmakumar Madhavan Nair
D. None of the above
- Padmakumar Madhavan Nair of State Bank of India has been appointed as the CEO of Bad Bank. The Bad Bank is a proposed entity of the National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARC).
- Current Mr Nair is serving as the Chief General Manager in charge of Stressed Assets of SBI. He has been holding the post since April 2020. Prior to this, he worked as the General Manager in SARG.