Current Affairs Today – Current Affairs 2020- 2021
Today Section provides latest and Best Daily Current Affairs 2020-2021 for UPSC, IAS/PCS, Banking, IBPS, SSC, Railway, UPPSC, RPSC, BPSC, MPPSC, TNPSC, MPSC, KPSC and other competition exams.
For more daily latest Current affairs join our Telegram channel
Q.1 Recently, which country has recorded the slowest population growth in last decade?
China’s population has increased by 0.53 percent to 1.41178 billion as compared to 2019. The population was 1.4 billion in 2019. However, it is expected to decrease by the beginning of next year. According to the seventh national population census released on Tuesday by the Chinese government, all 31 of China’s provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities had a population of 1.41178 billion.
Q.2 Recently, which of the following system was used by Israel to intercept missiles coming from Palestine?
B. Iron Dome
D. Silver Dome
- Israel’s Iron Dome is an air defense system built by the Israeli firm Rafael Advance Defense System and the Israel Aerospace Industry.
- The United States has given technical and financial assistance to Israel in building this system. This short range ground-to-air, air defense system consists of radar and Tamir interceptor missiles, which track and dismantle any rocket or missile on the way.
Q.3 By when the central government has recently aimed to make 200 crore vaccine doses?
A. December 2022
B. December 2021
C. August 2021
D. August 2022
- The head of the country’s Covid-19 Task Force estimated the “emerging vaccine availability” for the period August to December at a staggering 216 crore — more than 2 billion — doses.
- Serum Institute of India (SII) will produce 75 crore doses of Covishield and 20 crore doses of the Novavax vaccine — which adds up to 95 crore doses between August and December.
Q.4 On which airport has a medical flight has recently made emergency belly landing?
A. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
B. Kempegowda International Airport
C. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
D. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport
- A full state of emergency was declared at the Mumbai airport after an air ambulance suffered technical malfunction.
- The air ambulance, flying from Nagpur to Hyderabad, was diverted to Mumbai. The crew confirmed that the pilots attempted a ‘belly landing’ without using the landing gear.
Q.5 In which state of India has recently fresh cases of African Swine fever has been detected?
- The African Swine Fever has stuck Meghalaya. Earlier, it had struck Mizoram.
- The African Swine Fever has killed 1,700 pigs in Mizoram in a month.
- It has now spread to Meghalaya and has killed three hundred pigs here so far.
Q.6 Recently, PM Modi has released which installment of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi?
Under the Scheme, the Government of India transfers Rs 6,000 to the account of small and marginal farmers. These funds are transferred in three instalments. The first instalment of Rs 2,000 is made between April and June. Second Instalment is made between August and November. The third instalment is made between December and March.
Q.7 Recenlty who has been sworn in as Prime Minister of Nepal?
A. Bidya Devi Bhandari
B. KP Sharma Oli
C. Pushpa Kamal Dahal
D. Sher Bahadur Deuba
On May 14, 2021, K P Sharma Oli was sworn in as the Prime Minister of Nepal for the third time. President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered his oath of office. He was re-appointed as the Prime Minister as the opposition couldn’t prove their majority.
Q.8 The National Bamboo Mission has recently launched the Management Information System to strengthen which domestic industry?
B. Leaf Plates and bowl
D. Bamboo Bottles
- The National Bamboo Mission has recently launched the Management Information System to strengthen domestic Agarbatti industry.
- It will collect data about Agarbatti production, availability of raw materials, location of stick making units, production capacity, functioning of units, etc.
Q.9 Which of the following state has recently approved Prison Rules, 2021?
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. Madhya Pradesh
- The Punjab Cabinet recently approved Punjab Prison Rules, 2021. These rules were approved under the Prison Act, 1894.
- The Punjab Jail Manual of 1996 has become archaic. There is a need to update it in the changed scenario of modernisation.
Q.10Which state government has recently launched “Mission Oxygen”??
B. Uttar Pradesh
The State Government of Maharashtra has recently launched the “Maharashtra Mission Oxygen”. Under the mission, the daily production of the state is to be increased to 3,000 tonnes. The State Government has allocated Rs 200 crores to the mission. It will provide special incentives to the private players who are willing to being oxygen generation units.